Thursday, October 15, 2009

Your faces are getting old.

I've run into a problem with my new class.

Last year, I taught the two-way language program in my school. There were two 3rd grade classes in the program, so I taught one class in English, while a Spanish teacher was teaching the same thing to the other class, but in Spanish. We stayed with each class for a week, and then swapped. I loved my kids last year. They were awesome. They were sweet. They were hardworking. They could read.

But I hadn't realized how great it was that I got a different class each week. On Friday, a couple of them could be getting on my nerves, and I loved the fact that I kicked them out the door and wouldn't need to see them in my classroom for an entire week.

Well this year is different. Not only is the bulk of my class not sweet, not hardworking, and several cannot read, but I have to keep them until June. There is no swapping classings. And frankly, I'm getting awfully sick of seeing (some of) them day, after day, after day.

It makes me a little nervous about having children of my own one day. Are you allowed to swap out with a friend for a week?

2 comments:

Molly Pants said...

Not traditionally, but I might be into working something out with you... especially when the kids are between 4 and 9 years old.

Stacy said...

I like the 4 to 9 period. I think we could work something out. Let's talk in a few years?