Thursday, December 14, 2006

I think Al Gore was right about global warming.

Why is it like 60 degrees in the middle of December?

So, I head out to my car this morning and realize:

1)I have a $40 ticket for apparently parking on my street without a permit.It's not a huge deal, since my sticker is on my car, but it's annoying that now I have to go appeal it, just because some traffic guy (badge number 322) didn't look closely enough.

And 2) My car key broke and fell off somewhere. I found the biggest piece of it in the hallway of the apartment a few minutes later, and was off to work.

...Where I found out that the assistant director had not forgot (as I assumed she had) that I still needed to have a physical to work. And that my paychecks would be withheld if I don't get one in 3 weeks. Have I mentioned how much I hate the doctor? Hence why I haven't gone in 6 years. I had a bad history of getting nervous and throwing up on the table every year until I was 13. True story.

And then we had Abby's birthday in school. And her mom had hyped up her birthday so much since September, that Abby became the three year old version of a Bridezilla. No one was allowed to touch the balloon on her chair, and for awhile, no one was even allowed to look at it. No one was allowed to decorate her birthday sign. And no one was allowed to play "birthday" in the dramatic play area. And she asked us every 2 and a half minutes if it was time to eat her yellow cupcakes yet.

The only saving grace to the day was when the Biter's mom told me that that their dear sweet biting and spitting son told his dad he has a crush on me. I don't know how, or why, since besides the fact that he's bit and spit at me, all day long all he hears from me is "You cannot hit your friends," and "You cannot wear dress-up high heels during circle time."

No comments: