Monday, December 11, 2006

"Irregardless"

So, we got a Christmas tree for our apartment yesterday, and despite the fact that the upcoming holiday makes me mildly miserable for about a month and a half each year, I have to admit that it's a pretty good looking tree. Of course, this is also in comparison to our sickly, scruffy, Charlie Brown tree from last year:


Last year's tree had trouble standing up on its own

This year's edition is about 8 feet tall, and has so many branches and needles, that Kate didn't need to wrap lights around bare sticks like last year. I'll try for some pictures soon.

In other news, I'm thinking that I'm going to start knitting again. I desperately need a project, because I think I'm starting to drive my roommates crazy. I developed this knitting complex though. The idea of figuring it out again and learning how to fix my screw-ups again is making me all nervous. Plus, I'm going to need to go back to the knitting lady to get another lesson when I'm ready to end the scarf that I plan to make, but she scares me because I know that she knows I'm only knitting because I'm bored, and I have no intention of knitting myself a practical hat, and sweaters for my grandchildren.

And finally, if you haven't seen the movie Mean Girls, you're going to need to watch it. I watched it yesterday in its entirety, and I'm going strong in my second viewing tonight.

No comments: