Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Yee haw



I'm back from a little vacation visiting my brother in Austin. I had a good time, getting some sun, eating close to 4 lbs. of tortilla chips, and being on constant lookout for cacti and tumbleweed. I took a picture on my phone of the least nutritious breakfast I've ever had, but I can't figure out how to send it to my email and post it. It was made from tortilla chips, scrambled with eggs and cheese. And it looked like this:


And it was good.

We went out with some of Eric's friends, and it was nice being able to have my Bud Light outside in the middle of February.
It was Mardi Gras, and it was crazy. The cops were all out in their riot gear as we went from bar to bar. I got purple beads, and I made sure to see the favorite bar of the cast from Real World Austin.



And now, as I sit here starting at the 3 inches of ice covering a good chunk of my street, I've decided I'm close to wanting to move some place where it's warm for most of the year. I have a feeling that my opinion will change when it turns to spring in Boston, but right now I'm getting restless and feel like it would be fun to be in a new city, and I would be so much happier to get up every morning and go to work not wearing 3 layers. I don't know, I can't see myself actually getting up enough guts to move far away from everyone, and maybe I just need some chocolate to get over the post-vacation let-down.


6th street: I could go out here every weekend.

No comments: