Friday, February 23, 2007

Drama for 14 year olds, and me

First of all, does anyone watch The OC anymore? I tuned out awhile ago, partly because I began watching Grey's, partly because I got bored of it, and partly because I'm 24 and figured it's probably time.

I decided I had to watch tonight though, since it was the last episode of the series (apparently I'm not the only one who quit watching?). I have a lot of good memories of watching with some Mich Lights at our apartment in college on Wednesday nights before going out to Chet's. And it wasn't just a girls' night...ahem, Pete, Losure, cough cough. Anyway, turns out I had missed roughly 19 major storylines (Seth's mom getting pregnant, Julie Cooper getting engaged, Ryan getting over Mischa Barton's tragic death and dating someone else, etc. etc.). But for the final episode, those clever people over at Fox pulled out every twist imaginable. It included some stuff in the present, like Julie Cooper's wedding, but then some other guy calling and saying don't do it, for him and for their son (what?!), and Ryan going off to Berkeley. And some stuff in the past, like Ryan's flashbacks to first moving to the Cohen's house and picking up the pieces from his almost tragic childhood, and some stuff in the future. I like when shows pull everything together so you can get comfort in knowing how imaginary people are in the future. And in case you were wondering, Seth and Summer get married, Julie is happily married with a son, Seth's parents have a new daughter and move out of their house, and Ryan becomes an architect or something, and as he's leaving a worksite, he sees a boy obviously from the wrong side of the tracks, and obviously it is just like him (right down to the similar zip-up jacket from when Ryan was first "rescued") and it ended with Ryan asking the boy if he needs help.

I like it when it goes full circle. I also liked The Lion King for that reason.



Also, did anyone else think it was weird that Anna Nicole's 5 month old baby got custody of her dead body?

No comments: