Friday, November 02, 2007

'Ween 2007

I love, love, love Halloween. It reminds me of being a kid. And what's not to like about lots of candy? And dressing up? This year I got a costume at the last minute, and as a result, I was a nun (Molly, I'm practicing for your wedding!). After being a girl scout last year, and a nun this year, I'm going to try really hard to remember next year that girls aren't supposed to wear that much clothes on Halloween.









We're sort of all moved into the new apartment, and I was pretty excited to potentially have trick-or-treaters this year. I went out and got a lot of candy a few nights ago, though I realized about an hour later (after I had eaten a good portion from each of the bags) that neither of us would be home for most of the trick-or-treating hours. But I was still pretty happy to hold down the fort from 5:30 to 6 last night. So when the doorbell rang and I heard a pack of noisy kids outside, I was a bit disappointed to find 5 kids ranging in age from about 11 to 16, one without a costume and holding a plastic bag from the supermarket, and people who appeared to be parents, videotaping the whole thing. I think I need to move to the suburbs by next October.

No comments: