Thursday, August 28, 2008

2 down, 178 to go

So today was the second day of school, and it's great so far. With the exception of one boy and one girl who I think will drive me crazy by next week, my class is awesome. Someone even picked me flowers/weeds at recess this afternoon. My lessons have mostly been going well, and with the use of some minor threats, I managed to keep all 23 of them absolutely silent for five minutes as they waited in the hallway taking turns at the bathroom today. I've made a huge deal about how great it is to be in third grade because you're so grown up, and so they're all excited about the planners I gave them to write their homework in, and even about the fact that I'll be giving them homework every night and on weekends. Being 8 or 9 is just about the coolest thing ever.

The only little glitch in today was when I was collecting my class on the playground after recess, and all of a sudden my sandal broke. I felt just a wee bit unprofessional about the idea of walking around wearing only one shoe even in my own room, so I hobbled around for the next 3 hours trying to grip the sandal with my toes. It wasn't pretty. I tripped on the rug twice during my math lesson, which led to gasps from my suck-up table of girls and "Are you ok Ms. G???"


Even Miss America falls. At least I stayed on my feet.

2 comments:

Molly Pants said...

Hey! Guess who just got tagged! Check the blog yo.

Anonymous said...

more posts, more posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!