Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Today

Today it reached 90 degrees. In Boston. In the first week of April. It was just a few weeks ago that I was bundled up in a winter coat because it was snowing. I went skiing 3 weeks ago. Today I wore a tank top and skirt on the roof and questioned why I don't live in a place that has warmer weather more of the year.


Today during the middle of teaching my writing lesson I tried to balance a big thing of chart paper along with a bunch of posters I had taped up to an easel, when some of the posters began to fall and I needed several hands to help pick everything up.

One of my sweet girls said, "You have a lot of stuff!" This is the conversation that followed (all whispering, but within earshot)
N: It's because she's a mom.
E: No she's not a mom!
N: Yeah, that's why she has so much stuff.
E: No, she's 25 years old (Not sure where that number came from)
N: Oh.
E: And her name is Stacy.


Also today, I discovered my new favorite way to eat oatmeal! I have a big bag of frozen blueberries (that I picked over the summer, so they're huge and delicious and not from a supermarket). I slightly defrost them, then cook the oatmeal in the microwave. Then I stir in a little strawberry preserves, and mix in the blueberries to they are pretty much thawed, but still kind of cool in the middle.

DEEEE-LICIOUS!!

No comments: