Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Summer.

Summer is great.

Summer is even better than great. It's my favorite.

Flip flops, long days, warm nights. Green stuff growing all over the place (I mean outdoors, not moldy food), not shivering under 6 layers of blankets, spending lots of time outside. What's not to love?

Though I have to admit, I'm kind of excited to go back to school. I know though that come August 24th it'll be hard to remember I ever said that. It's just that I'm a routine-loving kind of girl, and my summer totally lacks routine. During the school year, I know pretty much what I'm going to be doing down the exact minute each day.

But this summer? Well, I go to bed not knowing exactly what I'm doing the next day. I might get up and if it's not too hot, read on the roof deck in my pajamas. Or make an iced tea and wander around the neighborhood. Or go for a bike ride downtown. Or stay up late to watch David Letterman because Taylor Lauttner is on. Er... did I say that out loud?

Anyway, I've got most mornings free, except for a few weeks later this month and in July when I'm babysitting in the morning. But I've got mornings to kill for now, and then a couple of hours of babysitting or tutoring in the afternoons. It's great, but I do like a little more structure. I need a project, or a goal (other than packing up and getting ready to move, because it's 87 degrees in my apartment right now and just typing is making me sweat).

Anyone have a project suggestion, or just need a personal assistant for Monday, Tuesday, or Friday mornings??

No comments: