Tuesday, July 18, 2006

mmm sweatbath

I'm in my own personal Survivor contest as we speak. It's me versus the heat, day 1. I live by the philosohpy that it's so cold most of the year so you're supposed to be hot in the summer, and so I've decided that this summer I'm going to leave my AC in its box. Or, I was kind of lazy and it hasn't been too uncomfrtable up until now, so I thought there's no point in it since I've already made it through June and half of July. I figured there's really only maybe 5 or 6 nights out of the whole summer that I actually need the AC on to sleep, and so I'd rather have all of my windows open and unblocked for all of those other times. But tonight is sort of hot. I hung out in the freezer section of the supermarket in between writing lesson plans tonight. And I'm about to take an ice cold shower before settling into bed (no down comforter tonight!), as I drift off to dreamland, listening to the cruel hum of the air conditioner above my window in the upstairs apartment. Tonight's one of those nights when I have to sadly shake my head and admit that I wouldn't be able to live year round in southern Texas, like I undoubtedly think would be heaven every year around January. Oh well, it's only one night. Tomorrow night my roommates and I are having a sleepover in Kate's room. She doesn't know it yet, but it's going to be great! I'm bringing the popcorn and trashy magazines.



Oh, and a shiny quarter if you can guess what I'm wearing on my shoulder. Thanks Molly. And Kate for documenting it.

No comments: