Monday, October 30, 2006

It's like Christmas eve but better

I realize that this is like my third Halloween-related post in a row, but I am serious about my love for Halloween. We, err I, decked out the apartment with Halloween candles, glowing pumpkins and skulls, glow in the dark ducks in costume, skeleton lights, and other miscellaneous decorations on Saturday morning. We baked and decorated Halloween cupcakes, and refilled all of our bowls of candy. Kate broke out the whiskey and warmed up the apple cider, and then we were good to go.

And then we celebrated! We had some good costumes...Fidel Castro, who was looking healthier than he has in some time (and was asked about his health by a concerned T rider later on that night), a Walmart greeter, Betty Boop, a Jetson, a redneck, Superman, and a beer wench, among others. And we had a few (cough cough Kate cough Gillian) who refused to wear a costume. I wore my original girl scout uniform from 5th grade, but then felt like I had on way too much clothing when we went downtown later on in the night.











I'm a little disappointed that we don't get to do anything with Halloween at my school tomorrow, which I think is mildly lame. I kind of want to wear my Halloween socks (ghouls gone wild) but I don't have any shoes that will keep my orange socks from showing. So instead, I'm planning on bringing some Halloween candy for lunch, along with a Halloween napkin.

Off to bake some pumpkin seeds!

No comments: