Thursday, November 30, 2006

Yesterday one of my students bit me.

And then he kicked, hit, spit at my face, and ran around the classroom for me to catch him, at which point the biting, spitting, etc. repeated.

I don't get paid nearly enough to deal with that one. The family better give me a very nice present this December.

In other situations that I don't care to be in, I had another confrontation with the crazy guy who lives upstairs. Here's my question to you....if you go downstairs, not once but twice, and knock on the door, and immediately hear the talking inside the apartment stop, would you take that as a hint that the people don't want to do anything with you? Would you then hunt down each member of the apartment, and ask why they don't want to be friends with you? Would you ask for their phone numbers or email, even though they've told you "no" before? I walked in the apartment at the same time as him tonight, and said a polite "hi" and then "see you later" as I started to close my door. But then he asked, "Well, when is later?" Uh, that was my nice way of saying I'm done talking. Then the akwardness continued for a few minutes, during which he asked why we're ignoring him, and do we want to be friends with him, and can he have my email or phone number, and would we hang out with him if HE made the plans. It ended with me getting his email, and closing the door on his face because he doesn't leave when you say bye. I need to learn to be more blunt, but come on.

No comments: