Wednesday, September 07, 2005

The end of summer.

Summer's over. Done. Finished. Dunzo, to quote Laguna.

I dread Labor Day usually, because it's the end of summer. Maybe if I didn't associate fall with the end of summertime activities and the start of being forced to look at books, I might like the change of seasons better. But the cold smell of fall, the way it gets dark earlier, and the cool nights are combined with the fact that I have to go to school tomorrow, and that makes it impossible to appreciate this stupid awful death-of-everything-alive season.

Labor Day weekend wasn't too bad this year though. Actually, it was sort of fun. After drinking way too much on Saturday night with a big group by Fenway, where we made friends with toothless hicks from maine and ran into my neighbor that I hadn't seen in 5 years, I then spent Sunday at my family's annual labor day pool party & bbq. Lots of swimming, eating, and playing.


This game entertained us for a good hour or so



So did this game








I spent my last full day of summer vacation at the sox game yesterday. They lost, but I got my fenway frank and some popcorn, as well as unlimited views of Varitek. I don't have pictures, so I drew you one.




Now I have to go make my peanut butter and jelly sandwich for my first day of first grade. I wonder if I should start wearing fun teacher-ish pins tomorrow, or if I should wait for the 2nd day...

No comments: