Thursday, September 01, 2005

This week I saw gas prices slowly climbing, so I decided to hold off on buying gas, figuring there was no way gas would actually get higher--it could only go lower from there. But with about an eigth of a tank left yesterday afternoon, and my parents' nagging voicemail to get gas because it was going to jump, I sat, unhappily, in line yesterday to pay $2.77.

Today I drove by the same station and it was $3.27. Fifty cents!

Not just the name of the brilliant line, "Hey Shorty, it's your birfday."




I'm not sure what the graph is trying to say, but doesn't it look smart?

I decided my bike is a better mode of transportation. For about 20 seconds, I thought about whether or not I could ride my bike to my house to go swimming this weekend. Then I decided it was kind of far.

I thought today that I should spend the day outside since it's one of the last hot days. I rode my bike down to the esplanade and read for an hour before I got bored. I always kind of half joke that I want someone to do the Freedom Trail with me. Mostly because I know Kate won't do it when I ask her. But I've never been to Bunker Hill monument in all the time I've lived here, and there's a ton of stuff that I've seen but was too young to care, like Paul Revere's house and the Old North Church. So I hopped back on my bike and did the Freedom Trail. Though I didn't walk through the cemetary where Sam Adams and other famous dead people reside (cemetaries are creepy by yourself).

But what I was wondering, are people supposed to walk that whole thing in a day? And why don't they have trolleys that shuttle you back and forth? And why don't we eat in the North End more often? I could go for a cannoli right now.

No comments: