Friday, November 25, 2005

Turkey says gobble

It's been another lovely Thanksgiving. I'm stuffed, and still craving a little bit more mashed potatoes.

This year involved a lot of the usual traditions for me...watching the parade in my pjs, eating a ton, eating some more until it hurt, and resuming my place on the couch to end the day. Actually, since we stayed home this year, I spent a considerable amount of time on the couch. I think this year will go down on record as one of my laziest Thanksgivings. We already set a good record a few years back for one of the quickest Thanksgiving meals, so that's out of the question for this year.

Our T-day celebration also included the burial of a hamster, who made the trip (post mortem) from Austin. I gather he enjoyed his flight from Texas in my brother's suitcase, as he had been anxiously awaiting (in a plastic bag) a proper funeral service for nearly 2 weeks now.

There's a house near us that has an incredible lights display for Xmas every year, and we took a ride to see it before dessert tonight. Last year they won the best lights award thing from the Today Show, and got a visit from Al Roker, so tonight when we got there we found that a lot of other people had the same idea as us, along with a few news channels. I think I counted somewhere around a bajillion lights, and they also have a ton of those little miniature house things with moving displays inside. Last year they made a new road go around their house and you drive past all of the house things, so traffic people direct you through their property and it's almost as fun as Disney Land. There was even a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle display, which made me think of everyone's favorite liqufied veggies eater.

I feel like a big waste of space.

When I drove to work yesterday, I heard about the "experiment" that one radio station did in honor of today. They put a slab of deli turkey meat in front of a live turkey to see if it would eat it. Turns out, the turkey ate itself. And apparently went nuts over it too. I can't really blame him.

Gobble, gobble.

No comments: