Wednesday, February 08, 2006

You can't top a Stacy

The past two weeks I've been babysitting way too much. I know this because this morning I was ready to head out to babysitting, and I heard what sounded like a big truck backing up on our street... I looked out my window and my very first thought was "OOOHHH!! A DIGGER!!!!" Then I realized it was just me, and I didn't have to feign excitement (even though it was a little exciting to see a digger on our little dead end road). The 16 month old I watch is obsessed with trucks, and I've learned all about diggers, and loaders, and bulldozers. I've been babysitting more than usual for another family with a 2 and a half year old and a new baby...and when I got there on Monday, the mom told me that the 2 year old spent a lot of time this weekend playing "babysitter." She apparently pretends to be me, and comes in the door, puts a bag in the closet, and then feeds one of her dolls. Then she says "See you on Wednesday!" and walks back out the door. It's nice to know I have that power and influence on the short people.

I watched the superbowl with 2 1/2 very apathetic people (Gillian was mostly in her bed, but came out to have some 7 layer dip). It was sad without the pats playing, but I was really excited that Tom was there. I can't seem to find any pictures of him in his velour sports jacket...but the word that instantly pops into my head to describe him is "dapper." And speaking of dapper...Travis from the bachelor?? Not bad either. God, what a cool word dapper is.

I spend a little too much time clicking around on Myspace when I don't want to read about teaching reading anymore. I found a neat website where you can type in your name and get a slogan...hence, "You can't top a Stacy." I'm having t-shirts and mugs made up tomorrow, with this picture on it. You can visit that website & make your own slogan here. Share the good ones.

No comments: