Sunday, April 29, 2007

G-L-A-M-O-R-O-U-S

Hmm it's been awhile since I've written. I'd say it's because I've been so busy, but I'm not sure that's it. I had to go back to school this past week, and the week after vacation is always rough. The kids were a bit nuts, my classroom was a mess after the vacation teachers used it, and a parent felt entitled to be a brat one afternoon.

I saw Blood Diamond last night, which absolutely horrified me. It's made me pretty depressed about people in general, too. Then today I saw The Departed. Another good pick-me-up kind of movie. Too long though. I checked out about 6 minutes into it, once I saw that the movie was two and half hours long. Together, those two movies I'm sure will spark a long string of nightmares, as my biggest fear in life is people chasing me with guns.

One more week until the 20 mile Walk for Hunger. Who wants to donate?

A recent IKEA trip left me with a chair and a bookshelf in 84 pieces, and after the chair took an hour to assemble, I've decided to leave the bookshelf in Kate's car until she gets sick of it, takes it out herself, drags it upstairs, and puts it together for me. I don't like that IKEA directions are in all pictures, and no words. Knowing it's sitting there in the box waiting for me is stressing me out more than you'd imagine.


Oh god.

No comments: