Thursday, July 19, 2007

Jigs and stuff

It seems I spoke too quickly the other day on the lack of biters in my class. The student I had initially dubbed "The Scratcher" can now also be called "The Biter," as she bit me yesterday. And this isn't a 4 year old, it's an 11 year old. I sort of wanted to bite and scratch her back, but I'm pretty sure they'd ask me to leave work, and it wouldn't work out well if I didn't receive another paycheck until September.

I went to see an outdoor concert downtown tonight. Which got partially rained out. The opening band sang two songs, and then the main act went on and sang three, but at that point there was no power (it was pouring) and so they did it acoustically. On my way there, I was walking past the common, and these two guys with a camcorder stopped me and told me they were filming a documentary (and their friend was laughing hysterically at this point) and told me they needed three people to do a leprachaun dance. One of the guys was trying to get a homeless man to do it. And when I said no, they told me I had to do it because they were going to give that man a quarter if three people would do the leprachaun dance. I politely declined, right around the time the homeless guy stormed off and one of the guys yelled, "But we're gonna give you a quarter to do it!"

The scarier part for me though was that for just a half second, I thought, "Well maybe I could do it if a leprachaun dance is like the 'midget dance' I used to do everytime I rode the elevator with Kate going to psychology department at Union." I can't help it. I get excited with cameras.

No comments: