Sunday, November 23, 2008

Turns out I'm STILL not 19 anymore

I'm in a fantastic mood. I only have two days of school this week (and Monday is a field trip all day to the Museum of Science), and then it's Thanksgiving, which is my second favorite holiday. Also, this weekend I got a cable box in my bedroom after a year of having 8 channels in my room, so it's amazing (what's even more amazing is that I'm completely inept when it comes to hooking up anything TV, VCR, or DVD related, but somehow I hooked up the cable box at 3AM last night while wasted, and it works). Aaand, we got a DVR in our apartment at the same time. I haven't really fooled around with the DVR aspect of it yet, but that's because we got like 300 (literally) more channels somehow with it. I have a feeling we'll have them for about a week and then Comcast will pull them out from under our feet and Kate will cry for days because she misses her 90210 marathons on Soapnet. Anyway, it's enough little fun things to make a Sunday a lot better than usual.


This little baby equals a whole lot of lazy mornings in bed from now on.


I had a crazy Saturday night yesterday, which was not at all planned to be that way, but always seems to happen when all of us get together with Jeff's friends. After a fancy birthday dinner (where I was the classy one guzzling Bud Light while others enjoyed their wine and margaritas), I joined up with Kate and Caitlin at BHP. We hadn't been there since July!! I ordered the first round of Bud Lights from a new bartender, but not draughts like usual. The old bartender walked over and said, "What prompted the change?" and explained to the horrified new bartender, who thought he had screwed up, that we always order Bud Light draughts. Anyway, Caitlin, Kate, and I enjoyed some girly talk for a little while before joining up with Jeff's crew, where the night turned sloppy due to our regretful decision to play Shoulders and Never Have I Ever. I'm not sure how we ended up playing both, or why we didn't seem to care that we played Never Have I Ever for a solid 2 hours in the bar. It's clear some of us lack social skills.

Anyway, I again realized I'm too old to have nights like that. I slept until 10 today (hours later than I can usually sleep on a weekend), and spent the entire day horizontal on the couch, with a nap for half of the Pats game.

No comments: