Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Ouch?

This is going to be embarrassing.

A little back story.
This weekend, Kate and I watched one of my top 3 favorite celebrity chefs, Paula Deen. I love her because she somehow manages to get 3 sticks of butter and at least 1 pound of bacon in every single recipe. Paula made some amazing looking Creme de menthe brownies, so Kate said I had to make them if I had a snow day again on Monday. Of course, Monday I had a snow day, so I shoveled and shoveled and shoveled and shoveled, then chipped away at ice with a dinky plastic shovel for an hour, and then I made two batches of brownies. Half of one batch went to a teacher I work with, and the other half of that batch went with Kate to work (for all I know, she ate them all in the car on her way to work). The second batch, the really good ones because Kate reminded me to mix in the Andes mints before putting the batter in the pan, and because they went in a smaller pan so they're really thick, stayed with us at the apartment.

I got home today, grabbed a shiny knife, and went straight for the 2nd batch of thick, minty brownies. Only I couldn't get the knife through. Muscles I didn't even know I had in my shoulder and arm were totally sore, rendering me unable to get the chocolately goodness.

I hacked it out with a fork instead.