Thursday, July 28, 2005

Chicken pot, chicken pot, chicken pot piiiiiiiiie

You know how sometimes a great mood just makes you want to do stuff? I finished one of my classes this morning, which means that I have just two weeks left of my third and final class of the summer. I worked particularly hard for this class (really, I did) and it felt great to be done with it. So I wore my bathing suit to class this morning to celebrate. I wasn't wearing it just because it's comfy...I was going to the beach in the afternoon since I was done, but it was extra nice to get all set to go to the beach as I got ready for class this morning. It was a little embarrassing though when my professor asked if I was wearing my bathing suit.

I went to the beach, and didn't bring any work with me. I threw rocks for half an hour and watched the splashes they made. And I got to start a new book.

I went to Trader Joe's to do some food shopping which I don't usually get to do since it's out of the way, and I picked out lots of fun things that I want to try to make. And then I went home and cooked with tofu for the first time, making stir fry. And I don't even usually like stir-fry

I've been up by 7:30 every day for the last 10 days in a row. I'm so excited to sleep in tomorrow. Finally clean my room. Unpack my suitcase from this weekend. Return 17 picture books from the public library that teach first and second graders about the sense of taste. Figure out whether I waited too long to turn in my forms to get paid for teaching afterschool math this spring. Return some phone calls. Send some emails I've been putting off. I might actually be pleasant to talk to if you see me.

Tomorrow's going to be incredible.

No comments: