Wednesday, July 20, 2005

I apologize, the heat's gotten to my brain

I miss sprinklers. Sure, I'd choose the beach or pool over the sprinker any day, but there's still nothing quite like running around on grass in your bathing suit and jumping through freezing cold spraying water.


This is the best kind, the ones that go up and down and you jump through it like it's a wall

We don't have a sprinker here at our apartment. Our 2 by 2 foot yard is more of a wasteland for weeds and cigarettes. And besides, we have sort of creepy neighbors.

So when I got back tonight from a bike ride (who thought it was a good idea to go for a bike ride when it was still in the 80s at 8 o'clock, nevermind riding through North Cambridge & Fresh Pond when it started to get dark & I didn't have my gun on me), I thought long and hard about whether it would be worth the "What the fuck did you do" expressions from Helen & Kate when they walked into the apartment and saw me prancing around and splashing in the living room, using a makeshift sprinkler adapted from the sink sprayer that I designed in my head in class this morning.

In the end, I worried that I'd be banned from pima time forever and ever and that Helen might not bring back anymore English chocolate (except the orange segs--I never want to see those again). My sprinkler-in-the-living-room dreams were smashed, and I was still feeling in need of a good way to cool off.

And then I came up with the brilliant idea of transforming the shower into my own sprinker.

No comments: