Monday, July 25, 2005

I'm really not a Mark Bellhorn Basher

...but sometimes I like to jump on that bandwagon just because everyone else looks like they have so much fun making fun of him. I thought he had a decent role last year, although I have to admit lately I find myself cringing when he's up at bat, especially since it seems like he's always up when there are two outs and the bases are loaded.

But this is funny. And with all of the dumb reality shows on lately, I really wouldn't be that surprised to see it on Fox in the new fall lineup this September:
"What about a reality-TV show titled 'I struck out Mark Bellhorn'? You gather random, unsuspecting people from the street to see if they can strike out Bellhorn from a major league mound. As a bonus, anyone who strikes him out gets $10,000 and can then attempt to better him in the field as well for added humiliation. The pilot episode would feature a 90-year-old grandmother with two artificial hips whiffing Bellhorn with 40 mph heaters, followed by Jerry Remy showing up Bellhorn in the field."


I just got back from Vermont and the most incredible wedding ever. Of course I missed most of the fun stuff because I was busy child-wrangling four flower girls for the weekend...but I was able to enjoy the fireworks, sample the ice cream bar, follow bagpipers leading the wedding party (consisting of 14 bridesmaids, 10 groomsmen, and 16 kids under 10 who were ring bearers, flower girls, and junior bridesmaids) through cornfields in the mountains on the walk to the reception, and enjoy a miller lite as I picked some fancy chocolate desert out of a 2 year old's hair. I saw my two little guys that I took care of in Nantucket last summer, which was really weird since the oldest one is now three and a half and not in a body cast and the youngest is two and can actually talk back to you. When I left the island at the end of last summer I was definitely ready to get away and be done with making their bottles and changing their diapers, but when I saw them again this weekend I remembered how much I really liked them. And who wouldn't love these guys dressed up as ring bearers in tan gingham blazers and pink polo shirts?

No comments: