Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Just call me...



It's sort of real now. In one week I have to actually put on nice clothes 5 days a week and have a normal, working person's schedule (minus the normal, working person's pay obvi). Today was the first grade open house at the school I'll be at this fall, so I got to hang out with my supervising teacher and meet any overly nervous first graders who want to check things out before next week and make sure they're tall enough to reach the water fountain.

It felt really odd introducing myself as Miss Gross, not only because it's a crappy last name when you're around 6 year olds (as I learned when I was 6, and then again when I was 21), but because I don't feel grown up enough to be a Miss. I'm not sure when that grown up transition is going to come, but I hope it's real soon.

No comments: