Friday, October 28, 2005

And the sox win it

A year ago from this very moment, I was sitting in a literacy class, checking my cell phone every 2 1/2 minutes for text messages to update me on Game 4 of the World Series. I had class until 10 that night, and my professor promised us she'd let us out early so we could catch some of the game, but I knew she was lying. And she was...we ended up getting out just 10 minutes before 10. I sat through three hours of learning how to teach kids to read, selfishly wishing that the Sox would lose so I could watch the entire game when they actually did win it all. But, I got out of class, sped to Caitlin's party, and was there in time to watch the last 2 innings and enjoy some chilled champagne.

I oddly remember that night with about as much detail as I remember September 11th (the first one).

Those were the good old days, the days of cops in riot gear.



And the good days, when it didn't matter that I stayed up until after 1 o'clock for days on end to watch the series with the Yankees, because I was just getting up in the morning to go to classes, and not teach math to a class of rammy six and seven year olds. And the non-working schedule gave me the time to get out to see the parade through Boston and catch a glimpse of the trophy and Theo.


Manny being Manny, before he was Manny being Manny


I love you, Mr. Epstein



Bellhorn, before the pinstripes




Pretty great, one year ago today

No comments: