Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Lice-free

What a week it's been.

-I was checked for lice at work. Who gets lice checks at work? (To be fair, everyone in first grade was checked).

-I found out I don't have lice.

-I learned what lice look like.



-I learned that without talking to Charlotte for a year and a half (besides email and IM), I forget how to understand her crazy accent.

-I (with the help of two roommates) devoured three English chocolate bars. They were big. My stomach hurt for most of last week.



-I got apple cider and made peace with the fact that fall is here. And now I'm really excited for snow. And sledding. And snow days. Especially snow days.

-I celebrated Helen's birthday. Did you know she'll be 39 in like 3 years?

-I took my air conditioner out of my window (with a lot of help from kate), and it didn't fall on the street and smash into 12,672 pieces.

-It did however dump all of the water from the AC onto my floor. And trail the water through the hallway, through the living room, and into the kitchen as I dragged it out in a box to store it until next summer. It's going to be interesting when I take it out of its moldy box next July.

Nothing too thrilling coming up in the next few days. If you're not already a regular reader, you might want to check out Molly's blog, if not for her brilliant insights, then for her stunning recap of Zabe's wedding last weekend in one of her recent posts.

In case we haven't mentioned it to you, we're having a Halloween party here on Saturday. Costumes, beer, candy, pumpkins, and maybe some karaoke. It doesn't get much better than that.I also want to play that game where you tie doughnuts to a string up high and have to eat them without your hands and you get the powder all over your face, but I haven't figured out how to attach the string to the ceiling. So we'll see. Anyway, if you know where we live, we'd love to have you come celebrate the greatest day of the year.


Luckily, Kate's enthusiasm for the holiday hasn't faded

No comments: