Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Jobbity job job

It's after midnight. I can't sleep. I even tried lying horizontally in my bed. I have to be up in a little over 6 hours to run & then get ready to go to an interview. The interview is for a weird job...an "associate teacher." It's a term this school made up...it's not an assistant teacher, but it's not a head teacher. I'm getting the idea that it's kind of like teaching with some training wheels still on. Originally I thought it was a bunch of bologna, but the more I hear about the job, the more I think, "Yeah, that makes sense...I need this one more year of practice before I am thrown to the wild animals (and have 20+ little angels of my own to mold for 9 1/2 months)." I hate that his potential job has made me think this way, because now I'm getting super nervous about having my own classroom and am starting to convince myself that I need more training wheel time. But then of course my ego steps in and doesn't want the job. I've spent the past two years getting my master's, and going the extra distance to get two licenses, and then all just to say I'm an associate teacher?

Of course, who knows if they'll even offer me a job there. It's just frustrating that I have no other bites at my resume so far. Though I guess it still hasn't been THAT long that I've been looking for a job, and schools will still be hiring for the next 2 and a half months. I just really wanted this process to be easier, and a little bit more fun. No one really gave me the heads up about that part, did you? Well now don't you feel a little sorry that it resulted in you wasting 3 minutes of your life listening to me whine?

And that is a piece of what has been going on in my head for the past 2 hours since I've been in bed.

Did you hear about the people betting on whether or not the world would end today, on 6-6-06? Could someone explain to me how that bet would work out exactly?

No comments: