Tuesday, June 27, 2006

New Charles River Run

Check this out:




I ran a 5k! And I accomplished my goal of the race to run the thing A) without stopping to walk, and B) without dying. I'm kind of excited...there was definitely a time when I thought running a mile was some rare form of torture, but after yesterday I actually kind of like running.

It's hard to say whether my favorite part of the race was when Gillian sang the theme song to weight watchers to me, as we both said "I can do it! I can do it!" or when around mile 1 I suddenly saw my parents wandering along the side of the course, presumably trying to find a place to snap some pictures at the end. You'll note that you can actually see at least one other runner who was laughing as my parents fumbled to get out the camera, but I can safely tell you I heard some other giggles.



Since an hour before the race, until about an hour ago (a good 36 hours after the race) Gillian has told me at least 2 dozen times that she hates me for convincing her to get up before 8 on a Sunday to run in it. But we're forging on, and our next goal is the 4.2 mile race in August, right Gill??

No comments: