Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Summertime, in the city

I wish I could sing the rest of that song. I can't though. You wouldn't want to hear my attempt anyway.

Happy summer solstice, by the way.

I can't believe the school year is already ending. I saw some kids at the bus stop on my run this morning holding flowers and gift bags filled with useless things like candles and hand lotion, that teachers don't want. I wonder if it's tacky to provide my students' families (in my hypothetical future classroom) with an end-of-the-year wishlist so that I don't get stuck with 25 "A+ Teacher!" candles and doorknob decorations. If tacky isn't the right word, I'm sure "unprofessional" probably covers it.

Since today's the first day of summer, I think it's fitting that basketball finally ended last night, and the hockey season ended the night before. Maybe if I followed those two sports more closely I wouldn't care that they seem to last for 3/4 of the year. But does anyone else thing those seasons are ridiculously long??

I'm hoping to have some more interesting things to write about starting next week when I begin working. My daily activities are even boring me.


Bienvenue a Summer. Now go cook up some s'mores! P.S.: Roommates, can we make them on the stove tonight??

No comments: