Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Why does summer have to diiiiiiiiee????.

There's something about early September and back-to-school time that makes me feel nostalgic. I'm not sure exactly what I feel nostalgic about, maybe childhood. I liked seeing all of the kids heading to school today for the first day as I drove to work, but it makes me sad for them (and me) that summer is over. Where did summer go by the way?

Tomorrow's my first day of school. I'm oddly not that nervous, maybe because I have no idea what it's going to be like. I imagine there will be a lot of tears (hopefully just the kids', and not mine). We had a "Meet the Teachers" morning for a few hours today, and 15 of my kids came in to see the room. It looks like a lively bunch. Did you know that three year olds are little??

My parents handed off a bag of Robin Eggs candy to me this weekend...I have a feeling it's been sitting in the cabinet since the spring. Regardless, it didn't stop me from eating a third of the candy bowl after dinner tonight because the color ratio was off, and it looked funny with so many yellows and whites in the bowl. I have an odd pain in my chest now. If it's a heart attack, I'm calling in sick tomorrow.

No comments: