Monday, August 28, 2006

I can almost smell the paychecks

My 20 or 21 consecutive years of education is officially over, and tomorrow's the day I enter the working world. It's really weird. I've picked out my first day of work outfit, and had a dream last night that I forgot what I was going to wear and decided on jeans and then felt dumb for the whole first day. I hate the idea of starting to work for the next 40 years of my life or so, but I was pretty, pretty bored all this past week on vacation. There was only one good beach day, and our internet and cable were on and off all week. It was hard, really. What, no sympathy from all of you working people? Well ok.

I feel like I'm getting ready for my first day of school. I thought carefully about what to bring for lunch and what to wear, and just packed my bag with my brand new notebook and a pen I like. I'm kind of nervous, but mostly because I don't know what I'm supposed to be doing in the meetings all day tomorrow, and I don't like not knowing anyone else there. It's pretty similar to my first day of first grade. Except that my mom made my lunch. I'm still bringing the same old PB & J and an apple though...You can't go wrong the classics.

No comments: