Saturday, December 25, 2004

No-Show

It's another disappointing Christmas in the Gross household...Santa skipped my house again. This is like 12 years in a row. I even went to bed early last night. But when I woke up this morning--no presents under our invisible tree, and no presents stuffed inside the imaginary stockings. Maybe Santa just couldn't find the tree and stockings...

Anyway, I found this pretty entertaining. But mostly because I could see my parents wanting to do something like that, if only they could figure out how to make an EBay account. My parents like to "make a point." There was this time, when my brother and I were maybe 8 or 9, that my mom decided to go on strike. Apparently we were a little too bratty and ungrateful for her liking. So she didn't cook meals, didn't do laundry, and didn't clean up any of our mess. I don't really remember it--in my head, I had a great time, eating ice cream all day and not getting yelled at for not picking up. My mom has a different memory, and claims there was a lot of crying. Looking back, I'm not really sure I learned much from it. I'm guessing the Ebay dad's kids are just building up resentment and making plans to become the next Menendez brothers.

I hope you have a great day celebrating with your friends and family today. And stay away from the fruitcake.

No comments: