Sunday, December 26, 2004

Want a train that loops the loop...I still want a huuuuula hoop

It's Christmas--I'm bored. I was sort of hoping I wouldn't be one of those people who blogged 6 or 7 times in one day, but I feel like I have it in me if I persevere. I hope you all got wonderful presents that you'd like to share with me (except your new sex toys, Kate--that's all you).

I have a nice little Christmas story to share, as my gift to you. Tonight we were driving home from visiting some family friends, and the car in the lane next to us hit a deer. I looked up just in time to see the deer being launched maybe 15 feet in the air, over our car, and onto the side of the highway. The airbags in the other car went off, and we got deer guts on the windshield. DEER GUTS. It was awful.

In totally unrelated news, I'm done with the semester. Although it's not the 7 weeks off that I used to enjoy at Union, I still have a couple weeks of doing nothing but babysit and see friends. I'm trying to find a good book or two to read while I take a much needed break from books about educational philosophy and teaching first graders to read. Any suggestions?

No comments: