Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Boop boop beep

Remember everyone's favorite musical cartoon this summer during the election? There's a new JibJab cartoon out in honor of this week's innauguration. It's pretty funny.

Last night I watched a new reality show on MTV about sweet 16 parties. I can't help it, I am so addicted to these kind of shows. It made me realize what I am missing being stuck in middle class. There were two 16 year olds who were planning their party...over 700 people on their guest list, bouncers at the door searching everyone and checking to make sure each person was on the list, people trying to scalp tickets, a mosh pit, and a band. It was crazy. When I turned 16 my parents and friends had a surprise party for me at Kristen's pool. I thought it was special because there were not just regular latex balloons, but mylar ones as well! I think there was even a banner. I wish I had some pictures for you, but I don't think you'd even want to see them..I think my bangs were almost finished growing out at that point. It was kind of messy.

Instead, I can share with you another cool point in my life. This weekend in Schenectady I wanted to see what the hype was all about. So I put on the headphones, sat down by the TV, and played Halo 2 for 20 minutes. With the headphones on, I could talk to all of the 13 year old boys that are obsessed with the game. I don't really like high-tech video games that have more than 3 buttons, so I wasn't a big fan of XBox anyway...I try to stick to Nintendo. I must go pick up the working girl for a lunch date.

No comments: