Tuesday, January 18, 2005

I am Susan, Hear me roar

Today I read an article about an unfortunate band that decided to name themselves "50 Foot Wave" and release a CD a week or so before the stuff in Asia that I think might be a sign that the end of the world is coming. I saw a somewhat related thing on TV last week...one night I couldn't sleep, and I thought the Somerville High vs. Cambridge High basketball game on the Somerville Community Access channel might put me to sleep. My favorite part though (which is the only part of this story that is relevant to this blog...) is was when the high school commentators were discussing whether it was inappropriate right now for an athlete to have the nickname "Tsunami." I think they were actually thinking they were having an intelligent, thoughtful debate. Luckily, the game picked up a bit and they were forced to actually talk about the game...they came up with the conclusion that it's too soon to nickname someone Tsunami, but that "Hurricane" or a name of another type of storm, was ok.

And speaking of nicknames, I'd like to introduce Susan. Susan is a 6 foot one brunette, weighs under 200 lbs, and likes to shop and cook.

Also, Susan is sassy.

No comments: