Friday, January 14, 2005

The weather people told me last night that today would be 60 degrees. I was really excited. I saw the weather early this morning and they changed their minds, and said it wouldn't be very warm, and the warm temps wouldn't even come until night time. So I found my gloves and dealt with it. I was walking to the T tonight after babysitting, and got an voicemail from a distraught Kate during her lunch break, groaning and moaning about my lack of a weather update. She had a tougher time dealing with the unpleasant change of weather.

The Patriots play in their first playoff game this Sunday in Foxboro, against Indianapolis. The Colts have a really good offense, and the Patriots used to have a really good defense, but now a lot of their good guys are hurt. (Stay with me here, it gets better, sort of). So the Pats are thinking, what can we do to give ourselves an advantage? And the logical answer that they come up with, since the Colts play all of their home games indoors, on nice turf and in good weather, is to leave the field uncovered all this week, while it snows and rains. Now we've got this nice mud mess, which the Pats are used to playing in anyway. What a great idea!

Meanwhile, the Colts had a press conference tonight, and all of the players are pissy because it's not fair. The pats coach responded:
"'My job is not to pull weeds," he said Wednesday with an innocent-looking smirk.'"

It'll be a good game. Go Pats

No comments: