Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Just in the nick of time--almost

The thing about anything good is that it's fun while it lasts, but then when it ends it's always a let down. I know that sentence doesn't really make sense, but I can't figure out how to say what I mean. For instance, summer. I love summer...but you know that at some point it's going to end, and then it sucks. That's why I like spring the best, because it's the anticipation of summer. The same goes for the Patriots, and while we're at it, the Red Sox as well. It's so great when they win, and the whole city is all excited, signs hang from the state building up on Beacon Hill, and people are unusually friendly. So it was really exciting when the Pats won on Sunday, but could they possibly win next year too, for the 4th time in 5 years? Maybe, but eventually they're not going to. That's just what I hate about good things...they end. Does this mean I'm a "glass is half empty" person?

I headed out to the Pats parade today. Oops, rolling rally. Unfortunately I got a late start after a meeting, and I got to city hall, the end of the parade route, just 5 minutes too late to see my future husband in a duck boat. It wasn't a total disappointment though because the crowds were incredible, and it was amazing to see the streets by government center just packed with people and all of the roads shut down. Pretty similar to the red sox parade, except I never made it to city hall that day, so it was a good change today. How was your parade in Philadelphia Molly? Oh yeah, sorry... :)







No comments: