Friday, December 23, 2005

"Burn dust, eat my rubber!"

Oh Howie, Howie, Howie. How far you've come since the days when you played at Union twice a year because no one had heard of you.
And now, making headlines on cnn.com. Way to go.


Howie Day arrested for in-flight rowdiness

Friday, December 23, 2005; Posted: 2:20 p.m. EST (19:20 GMT)

BOSTON, Massachusetts (AP) -- Howie Day was arrested at Logan International Airport for rowdy behavior on a Boston-bound flight after he became intoxicated from a mix of alcohol and a sleeping pill.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Music/12/23/people.howieday.ap/index.html


I had a nice first week of vacation. I babysat a bit, did some shopping, & visited my first graders for "pajama day." I got to wear pajamas & my new pig slippers for the whole day, which is really the best way to work. The kids were cute & a few of my favorites told me not to leave again, & it was so much more fun being there and knowing I was just there visiting and not really working.

Christmas usually stresses me out, for completely different reasons from the way it makes most people stress, and I have to admit that it hasn't been as bad this year. I can't figure out exactly why, especially since the whole "season" started before Halloween this year. This week I got Gillian to watch one of my favorite movies with me, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. God, that movie will not get old. I can just sit here and think about certain scenes and start laughing. I did just that when I wrote the title to this post.

This post, by the way, is completely pointless. I thought I had something to write about, and now I can't think of it.

My parents get bored now that my brother & I have moved out, and they like to have foreign exchange students every once in awhile. So a few weeks ago I was talking to my mom, and she told me that they're going to have a Taiwanese student for a couple of weeks right around Christmas.

And that it's a forty year old woman.

I'm meeting my Medway friends for dinner tonight, and then heading home for a few days, so I should be arriving right around the same time as her. It should be interesting. She's a teacher in Taiwan, and my mom expects we'll have some things to talk about. Hoo-ray.

The coolest part though is that my parents just re-did my brother's bedroom to turn it into a guest bedroom. I'm not sure what they think this woman will do in there, but they don't want her to mess any of the new stuff up. So I get my brother's room while I'm home, and she gets my room. I'm thrilled that whatever messing up she was going to do in my brother's room, now she can do in mine.

And they wonder why I never seem to get along with the students they host.

No comments: