Sunday, December 04, 2005

SNOW

I'm entering the final 2 weeks of student teaching. This week I have my second "take over" week, which is requiring a lot more effort than I remembered from the first one. I hate effort. The end of student teaching also means the two culminating projects thingies for the elementary ed. part of my master's, so I've entered my usual "I-Haven't-Done-Anything-In-Months-So-Now-I'm-Going-Crazy" mode.

I had amazing intentions for this weekend. I figured all Saturday I would finish my lesson planning for school this week. And all Sunday I would work on my two projects for my class. In the breaks that I would inevitably take, I would be productive and do some returns, go food shopping, hit up the public library to get some books I need for first grade, and clean my room.

But then I realized I didn't want to do work on Saturday. I wanted to sit with my computer on my lap and watch TV and eat pumpkin seeds. I probably should have had bon-bons, but we never seem to have any.

Eventually I had to take a break (because I couldn't find anything on TV), so I hopped in my car to go to the library and supermarket. The library was a success. The supermarket was not. Before I even parked, I hit a car. I spent another half hour finding a place to park and exchanging insurance info. The Ghetto Basket was a fucking zoo. Someone in the store later told me to never go on the 3rd of the month because it's the day when everyone gets their checks. The reason I hit the car in the first place was because I had 19 cars all coming at me to try to turn down the same aisle, and 2 families screaming in Portuguese at their kids who were running around like they were on crack.

It could have been worse. I could have driven into a ditch like my roommate. It was a bad weekend for the cars/rental cars of 9 acadia.

Today was supposed to be productive, but I've watched about 11 hours of the weather channel. I'm hoping for a snow day on Tuesday, and the meteorologists won't give me definite answers on the storm. So I watch the weather map again and again myself to try to predict the path of the storm. When I've had enough of teaching, I'm going to become a forecaster on the weather channel. That would be so cool.



For the time being I put on my good luck snowman socks. Come on snow!

No comments: