Wednesday, January 18, 2006

It's a hard knock life

Today I booked a trip with spags to Sanibel Island in March. The way I figured it, government loans that are supposed to pay for me to live while I'm in grad school are already paying for me to get drunk, so why shouldn't they also pay for me to get drunk in a warm place after spending the day on the beach? I'm very excited, because I haven't been on a vacation in awhile. Let me correct that...I haven't been on a vacation that hasn't been in my apartment/house in awhile. I'm also excited because this will be my second vacation with Kate, and I remember the last time we went to Florida together. I tried to find a picture from that trip with Kate at the beach wrapped up in a towel and sweatpants and looking like she wanted to kill me for taking the picture, but all I could find was a picture of Colleen and me, I think in Captiva.



And while I'm sharing pictures, here's my current activity to keep me entertained: I've kind of learned how to knit! I still don't know what to do with the little strands from when I switch colors, so right now they're just hanging off, like side-fringe.



So one last thing for this post...I've finally been doing a better job about running consistently...which has made me realize how desperately I need some good songs to listen to on my ipod during said running. So I'm asking...even pleading, for your suggestions....because right now I'm downloading "The sun will come out tomorrow." It reminded me of new years.

No comments: