Monday, January 16, 2006

Sing about Martin, Sing about caring, Sing about peace....All around the world

I thought it was mildly appropriate, given that it's MLK day, to share the lyrics from an MLK song I learned in school when I was 7 or 8, and has been stuck in my head on and off for the past 16 years or so (as my roommates can delightfully attest to). The best part of this song is that it's a call & answer sort of song. So you sing "sing about Martin," and then the other half repeats it. But then you can also change it up, like I also do often, so that it's "sing about kate, sing about brokers, sing about csl's, all around porter square." And so on and so on.

I'm watching the golden globes, and i'm really excited because pierce brosnan is there, and has shaved off all facial hair, and is either wearing makeup or has had plastic surgery in the past few weeks. Either way, he doesn't look as scary.

I had a decent long weekend, which really didn't feel much different from the rest of my vacation, except that my roommates were here too. Jeremy's birthday was Saturday, and I'm really excited to try out the presents we got him (hint hint).

I finally got the hang of knitting, and I spent a huge chunk of today working on my scarf. I might take a picture of it later, because I have to admit that I'm really impressed with myself--both that I can do it, and that I haven't gotten bored with it yet.

By the way, if you haven't been introduced to the amazing talent that is Nicholas Sparks, I suggest you experience his genius firsthand asap.


the ladies flock to JBD

No comments: