Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Aufiderzein (i have no idea how to spell that)

Our internet has been slower than me when I attempt to run after housing a bowl of salsa and a bag of tortilla chips. It's made me really, really angry. I was hoping one of my roommates would get on the phone with the comcast people and fix it, but alas, the job was left to me--the one who does not work.

I had to embarrasingly hang up on the comcast people the first time I tried, because I couldn't find the modem and I didn't know what I was even looking for. After wandering around Kate's room for an akward 45 seconds, I told the lady that it was buried and I'd call back soon.

But then I tried again, and wasn't even tricked with a nice man named Lee told me to do something with the router too. Right now I'm feeling on top of the world. Not only does our internet work again, but I can find both the modem AND the router.

In sadder news, I think our cute neighbor is moving away. I saw the moving van and assumed it was for the new people moving into the third floor, but then I saw the cute guy going out to the van. Seeing as though those guys moved in right before Helen moved out last year, my suspicious is that it's time for them to head on out of Scummies...

I am back on vacation as of this week, and although I do enjoy having the whole day to do whatever I want, and get whatever I want done, I forgot how dull it can be. I enjoyed having something to do all day, and at the end of the day actually feeling like I did something at least mildly important.

The only fulfilling thing I did today was finally track down the lotion that I really like, after searching in half a dozen stores over the past few weeks. I feel like getting drunk. Anyone?

No comments: