Monday, August 07, 2006

Sunny D--Summer Forever!

I got into work today just before 7 AM, so when I finished bus duty a little after 3 this afternoon, I decided that I'd finish up a small bit of work, and head home to do work there and have a change of scenery. I'm not sure why it always seems like a good idea to leave and try to do work at home, since I inevitably get very little done. As it turns out, I had a snack and lied down on my bed to sort of regroup for a few minutes before facing my diagnostic assessment report (sounds fancy, doesn't it) head-on. About one hour later, I woke up really hot and confused, wondering whether it was 5 o'clock AM or PM, and if I had in fact fallen asleep in my work clothes and slept through the night. I was too delirious to think through the idea that I'm pretty sure I could never sleep for a whole 13 hours in a row, let alone miss dinner & a night time snack.

On Saturday we celebrated Caitlin's birthday and the fact that Losure is in town. After many games of flip cup, a shared pitcher of beer, and a few rounds of shots for every time we lost at darts, I was kind of wishing I could still hold my alcohol the way I could senior year of college. My body was in pain for a lot of Saturday. Well, also do in part to the hours spent Sunday afternoon running around the park playing wiffle ball, soccer, and hanging on the monkey bars. Caitlin sent some fabulous pictures from her birthday celebration evening, but I can't seem to get them online to be able to share.

I feel like my liver could be in for another beating this weekend...I sort of want to celebrate the end of grad school, and then end of 20 consecutive years of education that concludes on Friday. Come on, that's a reason for binge drinking if I ever heard one.

No comments: