Friday, November 03, 2006

BIG NEWS

There's a pretty good chance that the next time you see me, I'll be well on my way to morbidly obese. It seems I've made it my personal mission to finish off the Halloween Butterfingers in our apartment. And after that, I'm already pretty sure my next mission will be the Almond Joys (minus the almonds--I pick them out). I seriously love candy.

But, the big news of the day is that after 2 years and 3 days of living in this apartment...drumroll please....

WE HAVE A FULLY FUNCTIONING PORCH!

I plan to take a picture of it soon. I only wish I had taken pictures of the entire month and a half long process. It's hard to imagine, but our apartment actually went from looking the crappiest on the street, to looking the crappiest times 14 on the street. It seems our landlord decided halfway through the construction to have the guys tear off the siding on part of the house (yeah, just part) and replace it. So you can probably guess how the apartment looked, with slabs of wood sticking out of the building as the porches went up, part of the siding off, and trash and other work materials scattered around.

I'd guess that our apartment is still the ugliest on the street. But, I'm curious to see next week when it's all done (supposedly, though I'm skeptical since it was "getting done" 2 years ago we were told), and all of the materials that are blowing around are cleaned up. I don't know for sure, but there's another house on the street that might be able to take the prize from us.


I realized I have no pictures of the old porch, except this one, where you can just barely catch part of it on the very far right. It's obviously the one that looks like it's 4 seconds away from falling over and ruining our fun playing in the snow.

No comments: