Sunday, November 26, 2006

No more maple pie.

It sounds odd, but I sometimes don't like having vacations because it makes it so much worse to go back to work. Don't get me wrong though, I'll still happily take my vacations. I've been enjoying not having to make lunch, or iron clothes, or wake up to an alarm clock (though my body has decided--without my consent--that 7:30-8 is a good wake up time on vacation).

For Thanksgiving, we had a big international fest. We had people from Thailand, Taiwan, Germany, and even Texas. Almost half of the people at the dinner table had no idea what "pilgrim" meant, and couldn't even appreciate the Pilgrim hat desserts I made:

But I bonded with them anyway when I realized that the three girls from Asia and Europe enjoy the same teenage dramas as me, including but not limited to The O.C., Gilmore Girls, and One Tree Hill.

This weekend I got a cool new phone. It's so shiny. I'm definitely in love with it. It even slept in my bed the night I got it (I like the new electronic smell).




My body's going to be in for a shock at lunch tomorrow when I feed it carrots and a sandwich rather than stuffing and mashed potatoes along with brownies and trifle and pie.

No comments: