Tuesday, November 21, 2006

The important stuff, like lollipops.

I love Thanksgiving. Not quite as much as Halloween, but it's right up there. What's not to love about getting together with a bunch of people, and being expected to stuff your face with stuff like mashed potatoes and turkey and gravy and stuffing and cranberry sauce. Not to mention, dessert.

It's a fun time to be in school too. It's the first little mini-vacation of the year, and from here on out it's an easy slide into June (or so I'm telling myself). Since more than half of my kids are from Israel, some are going to be celebrating their first Thanksgiving this year, and it's kind of neat teaching them about it.

Today in school I talked with them about what it means to be thankful, and I had everyone say one thing that they were thankful for so that I could write it on these Pilgrim faces they made. I was extremely impressed with a few of them, like Eitan, who said he's thankful for going to Israel on Wednesday, and Sam, who said he's thankful for playing with Grandma Joyce on Thankgiving, and a few that were thankful of their moms and dads or sisters.

But then, there were a couple who had no idea what I was talking about...so I got a kick out of writing that Abby is thankful for lollipops, and Edan is thankful for Batman, and Andrew is thankful for trains.

What are you thankful for?

Oh, and happy thanksgiving. Don't drink too much wine and wrap pants around your head as you puke. I hear it kills the day.

I found this and thought it was funny. Don't let it kill your appetite...

No comments: