Thursday, March 31, 2005

Molly's 24!

Before I met Molly, I was afraid of her. I heard rumors she was scary. In fact, a friend told me a story about her friend's pug named Molly that was missing an eye because her dad hit it with a golf club. So even before I really knew her, I called her Mollz the one eyed pug. But the rumors about her being mean were completely untrue--Molly is one of the least scary people I know, and easily one of the coolest and funniest as well. Molly taught me many things:
1) There's no shame in drinking wine out of a box.
2) It's even better if you can finish off the box of wine.
3) The perfect way to cheer up during a snowy January day is by slathering up with sunscreen to remind you of summer.
4) It's possible to stay in bed for 4 consecutive days.
5) Don't be embarrassed if you drink from a sippy cup. Smart drinkers use sippy cups because red wine is hard to wash out of the carpet.
6) If a guy goes down on you, don't tell Kate right away. It's more fun to tell her after she makes out with him.
7) College juniors can also enjoy turning their bed into a permanent tent.
8) You should always find an interesting "prop" to bring along when you go out, like a boa or a funny hat.
9) If you want an interesting night out, just tell strangers in a bar that you're looking for "an adventure."

Lots of my best memories of college were living on the third floor of Geisel during sophomore year. Molly helped make it fun and unpredictable. It was always a pleasant surprise to walk out of my room to go to the bathroom at 3am, and see Molly curled up in some weird position on the hallway floor, laughing at herself and just starting her Greek homework. Exhibit A:

Don't ask, I don't know

Happy Birthday Molly!

No comments: