Thursday, March 24, 2005

Sing along if you know this one

I'm watching a special American Idol with my Idol-obsessed roommate, but I'm finally admitting to myself how trashy Fox can be. Yes, yes, I should have realized this long ago, I know. Supposedly they screwed up the phone numbers when they put them up on the screen last night for people to vote, so they're having a special show tonight to replay the performance segments of
last night's show and people can re-vote. My first thought was, "Wow, how exciting!" But then I brushed aside my naivete and realized that this was just a way to boost their ratings. I felt tricked and used. But I hate to admit that it worked for me; I watched the whole show.

I want to be an American Idol.


The great thing about babysitting little people is that you can do the stupidest things and they just think you're hillarious. Henry's just about 8 months old now, which means that I spend a good chunk of the time when he's not sleeping just singing or dancing with him. It's a great outlet for me because I like to blurt out random lines of songs when the mood strikes me. (Although to be fair, I'm not good at paying attention to words, so it's usually something more like "ahhhh the one baaaaah um leeelaa"). But unlike most of my friends, Henry never complains about the fact that I can barely carry a tune. OK I can't carry a tune at all. He bounces along and smiles, rather that bitterly yelling "eat me" like others have said. But last week, I was feeding the drooler, and singing along to the kids' songs cd I had in. All of a sudden I hit a note that was even worse than usual.....and Henry, the power-eater baby, totally stopped eating and made a disgusted face at me. My biggest fan has turned on me.

How is my singing career ever going to get off the ground now?


Be thankful there's no sound with this.


Let's have another karaoke party, real soon.

By the way, does it creep anyone else out the way that the Pope just rolls up to the window to make an appearance, magically getting larger and larger as though unassisted??

No comments: