Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Soon I get to have my very own blackboard!

In case I wasn't already self-conscious about my last name, I'm going into a profession where I will be constantly reminded just how awful it is. No, my middle name is not "is," and no, you cannot call me Stacy Disgusting just because it means the same.

Today was the first full day of my pre-student teaching, and it was the first time that I wasn't going in under the title of a volunteer (even though I'm not paid obviously for any student teaching), so I was nervous about the fact that I'd be "Ms. Gross" for the first time. I found out today though that the school I'm at has a lot of interns, and many go by their first name, so I chose to have the class call me Stacy. Which is good, because I'm pretty sure I won't respond when a 7 year old is calling out Ms. Gross to tell me that Larry won't stop eating his boogers.

Anyway, many of my friends haven't matured past 9 year old mentalities, which was apparent when I came home to several messages left for me online:
1) ewww u r miss gross
2) you know the kids are going to have a field day with your last name
3) you dont have to pretend.. you are gross
4) and you are ms gross stop this pretending bullshit

No comments: