Monday, March 19, 2007

sunday night again?!

Unlike a lot of holidays, I think St. Patrick's Day is one holiday that gets more fun as you get older. Well, at least for a few more years for me, before it becomes another day where I just put on something green and pretend I'm a rare Irish Jew. I'm not sure why I like to get into the holiday so much, but by 2 in the afternoon yesterday, I had already baked shamrock cookies and met a guy in the liquor store who reeked of alcohol and asked if I wanted to go to Southie to fight him and have corned beef & cabbage. (I politely declined.)

This week I have a date at the bristol lounge in the four seasons downtown. I'm definitely a jeans & flipflops at BHP kind of girl, and ended hitting up two different malls today in search of appropriate attire. I settled on some new tan pants & a black shirt that's a pretty typical stacyshirt, but with a bit more sophistication. Last night I poured a beer on my Columbia jacket, which means I'm definitely wearing my dressy coat too. And, I'm finally going to wear my new-ish pointy black shoes, which means that I'm going to have to wear them tomorrow morning as I get ready to go to work, because I need all the practice I can get walking in them.

Do they serve bud light at the Four Seasons?

No comments: